Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Newt Jersey #6, 7, 8




For the next three weeks comics, I decided that crushing the reader's soul was hilarious. That was an interesting three weeks for me, to say the least. It did offer me the opportunity to explore a few of my obsessions - the moon, sea monsters, and triangles. It may not be apparent, but rarely do the comics come out right the first time. Everything is drawn on notebook paper with a sharpie and a sharpie pen (which leaks like an old thermos), but I can't draw a shape to save my life, so a lot of things - particularly text, eyes and facial expressions - are pieced together on the computer. There is a paper in my desk of countless little slightly misshapen sad faced triangles on their sides. I think about it every night before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment